I am going to be super honest and say that i sometimes get really bored of reading the same old 'eat healthy' blogs. Sometimes i feel like if i hear the word Kale or Coconut Oil one more time ill go bananas (i know i know , very bad joke).But then i discovered Thug Kitchen!
Not for the faint hearted, this tongue and cheek blog takes healthy recipes, flips it on its head and will make you howl in the process.
The Season of Giving
I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with Christmas. On the one hand getting together with family and friends and breaking bread with those i love. In my household we always have the Rat Pack Christmas CD on and it's always a special day of the year. On the other hand i hate the STRESS of trying to figure out what to buy everyone!
Well i have created a special list of Xmas Gift & Stocking stuffer Ideas on Flora Organica. My top picks are:
- The Seventh Duchess Teas - a range health and wellness luxury teas that are beautifully packaged.
- Pai Rosehip Nourishing Facial Set - includes our best selling product the BioRegenerating Rosehip oil as well as a limited edition Mask and muslin cloth
- Indah Body Balms and Perfumes - Besides the fact that these are so glorious to use they come beautifully packaged. My personal fave is the Dreamland Body Butter
- Tata Harper Lip Treatments - These are the creme de la creme of lip balms. Choose from anti aging, rosey tinted or plumping
To see the full selection click HERE
GLOW BLISS BALLS FROM THE BEAUTY CHEF
I have used GLOW Inner Beauty Powder for about 5 months now and it has become a daily ritual to take it. I used to get a few pimples every week but after a month or so of taking glow my skin really cleared up and looks alot more healthy and fresh. What makes this product so special is that it actually tastes awesome thanks to the Maqui Berry (abit like ribena flavour).
This product can be mixed into you juices, smoothies or water, but you can get even more creative and use it in bliss balls!! Below is the recipe courtesy of The Beauty Chef!
Incorprate Glow Inner Beauty Powder into Bliss Balls for a super nutritious, high protein snack. Perfect to satiate afternoon or mid morning sweet cravings and nourish, moisturise and protect the body and skin from the inside, out. This recipe should make around 12 bliss balls; each ball giving you half your daily dose of GLOW (24 superfoods plus prebiotics and probiotics). They’ll keep in the fridge to up to three weeks in an airtight container.
These delicious, addictive snacks are rich in vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, anti-oxidants, protein, essential fatty acids, prebiotics and probiotics.
Use organic ingredients where possible
- 200g raw almonds or almond meal
- 9 pitted dates
- 60g protein powder (I use Dr Mercola's grass fed whey that is cold processed)
- 30g of Glow inner beauty powder
- 2 tbsps of cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 90ml water
- chia seeds
- dessicated coconut
Blend almonds in a food processor until finely ground Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well Empty mix into a bowl and shape into round balls (between a ten and twenty cent piece). Dip in chia seeds and dessicated coconut.
EGG OF THE UNIVERSE
Funny name but don't let it put you off, this place is awesome!
Egg of the Universe is a café inside the Body Mind Life Yoga building in Rozelle. The cafe's focus is on wholefoods with a seasonal menu sourced from local and sustainable growers. Take a bunch of girlfriends for a yoga class and then catch up over a chocolate Berry Smoothie, they are to die for!
Located at : 711 Darling St, Rozelle.
It's so easy for us to get caught up in the whirlwind of our lives these days that we actually forget to put aside alittle ME time and show ourselves some self love. I have a post it note stuck to my cork board that has a little things that make me feel better if i'm having a crappy day. It really does wonders to shift your day and perspective around.
My Top 5
- Buy flowers - having flowers in the house always seems to cheer me up
- Light a candle - smells can have a great affect on your mood. If you are stressed try going for something with lavender
- Have a cup of tea - it seems like nothing, but taking time out to make a pot of tea, sit back and enjoy it takes time. I am loving our new range from The Seventh Duchess Teas
- Lie down and read a book - I tend to reach for the easy reads as it's a time for me to switch off. Take a blanket and go down to your local park, get some fresh hair and let your brain switch off. At the moment i am reading The Tournament by Matthew Riley
- Write a gratitude list - a simple way to shift from the negative to the positive and appreciate what you have